Friday, February 26, 2010

First Round: Staten Island 26 vs. Orlando 15


Staten Island got all of the rolls tonight in a 26-15 decision over conference foe Orlando coached by Fox Valley's Erik Swan. The game can be summed up in one phrase: "The curse of Tony Romo". Orlando's Tony Romo had a game for the ages: 4 interceptions, 2 fumbles, QB Rating of 28.7, 5 rushes for 4 yards. The one positive was that he did not lose the grip on the ball on the extra point.
Erik called a great game but there is no way to overcome a QB implosion like that. Staten Island's QBs were not so stellar either and I have to admit after watching Tony's rolls, I called a lot more running plays tonight. Erik deserved better but there's a good chance that we'll see him in the playoffs next year with his QB Peyton Manning. I think you have all heard of him. I appreciate that Erik stepped in to pinch coach after Kerry and I had technical difficulties.

No comments:

Post a Comment